Bibek Trust Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Category 1 > Forum 1 For Category 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Macro Users in Blade & Soul

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TamamShamoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Macro Users in Blade & Soul
    Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 8:27pm
Blade & Soul kicked off in the west rather smoothly and it seemed that players were mostly satisfied with the current state of the Korean MMORPG.

Recently, I decided to spend a few hours with 1v1 and 3v3 arena matches and it was a common thing to see frustrated players complaining about macro users. In fact, everytime I was waiting in the PvP lobby I saw constant arguments going on about overpowered macros and even cheaters.

For those who do not know, macros basically provide automated rotations for players and also greatly enhance the weaving technique in Blade & Soul. This advantage can significantly increase a player's damage output. But the most important aspect of macros is the exclusion of human error. Macros, unless the user is experiencing net lag, will always press the right keys with the defined delays and thus weaving becomes extremely simple. All the player has to do is basically move around with the character while holding down the macro key on the keyboard or mouse and all the skills will be used automatically. Quite boring if you ask me.

Understandably, players who can't or don't want to use macros are often beaten by those who do, which results in plenty of frustration and complaining on global channels and Blade-Soul Gold. The official Korean and Chinese servers were already facing issues with worse things than macros, including stuff like third-party programs for fully automated rotation and, of course,speedhackers. It will probably not take long for these programs to get their NA and EU equivalents that will most likely produce further disappointments.

I would not be surprised if NCSoft ends up deciding to ban macro users from Blade & Soul because the pressure from angered players is stacking up and complainers are waiting for a solution. Macro users are probably present in almost every MMORPG, and I don't really blame them. The gamer mouse developing companies are releasing more and more complex gaming mice that bring their own macro software and players are more than happy to use them. This is probably a phenomenon that affects not only MMORPGs but online shooters and MOBAs too.
Sakura6lu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sakura6lu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 7:16pm
Mike Brinker, a Detroit resident and city public works retiree, said he and about 20 other retirees are in a league that's been playing for years at the Chandler Park course. He said additional delays mean the city courses will risk losing his league and others to suburban courses.That’s three straight WDs now from Chun since she was injured two weeks ago in a mishap before the HSBC Women’s Champions at the Singapore airport, where Ha Na Jang’s father dropped a 15-pound carry-on bag that crashed down an escalator and struck Chun’s lower back. The incident created a media tempest in South Korea, where the competition to make the Olympic women’s golf team is intense.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic